LOS ANGELES, California – Blue Horizons Garden Resort in Grenada ( http://www.GrenadaBlueHorizons.com ) has been re-awarded the coveted Green Globe Certification for continuing to operate with the highest environmental standards. The resort has continued its ongoing commitment to operate as a sustainable hotel property throughout the past year, reducing its overall energy consumption by 5%, water consumption by 9%, and waste by 15%. The property also underwent an energy and water audit exercise in February 2011 under the Caribbean Hotel Energy Efficient Action program to identify areas for further improvement.
“As a Grenadian-owned business, we are particularly keen to support our local community. We believe passionately in the ability of local businesses to be able to make a difference in our environment,” said Arnold Hopkin, the resort’s owner, “Despite the obstacles faced by the tourism industry lately, Blue Horizons’ dedicated staff and conscientious guests have helped maintain the resort’s status as an environmentally-responsible property. We take pride in receiving this honor from Green Globe and are grateful to be recognized for our efforts.”
Blue Horizons Garden Resort has implemented the following measures to minimize its environmental impact:
• The creation of a fully-organic composting heap
• Introduction of water-saving toilets in all of the rooms
• Installation of solar water heating systems in all of the rooms, restaurant, and laundry facilities
• Placement of energy-saving light bulbs in 98% of the hotel
• Installation of a chemical-free Auto Pilot system, which utilizes salt instead of chlorine to purify the swimming pool
• Use of ECOLAB environmentally-friendly chemicals in the housekeeping department
• The creation of more garden beds above existing soil so that more plants can thrive
• Planting of more drought-resistant flora so less water is used during dry season
• Guest involvement in various capacities such as the establishment of a towel reuse program, asking guests to separate garbage into appropriate bins (with instructions provided in all rooms) and requesting that guests turn off the air-conditioner when leaving rooms
• Staff training program in every department to ensure the highest possible health and hygiene standards
• Recycling of paper in the front and back offices
• Sustainable purchasing policies and practices in place with a commitment to supporting the local community
In addition to running the resort sustainably, Blue Horizons has also participated in various other green initiatives. In the past year alone, staff members of the resort have attended an energy management seminar convened by the Grenada Electric Company; participated in the annual Ocean Conservancy Coastal Clean Up in June 2011; assisted the Grenada Wildlife Conservations to execute a program on education, conservation, and outreach for a local youth club; and assisted in clearing and cleaning out the ditches and drains in the Grand Anse area for World Environmental Day.
ABOUT BLUE HORIZONS GARDEN RESORT
Known for its lush tropical setting and truly world-class fine dining, the Green Globe Certified Blue Horizons Garden Resort offers a charming, informal vacation that lets guests return to the softer side of nature in a delightful Caribbean paradise. Blue Horizons Garden Resort features 32 spacious accommodations in superior studio and deluxe one-bedroom suite categories, La Belle Creole gourmet restaurant, a freshwater swimming pool, activities lounge, and centrally-located poolside bar. Blue Horizons Garden Resort and Grenada are an excellent combination for travelers interested in ecotourism. Mix Blue’s on-site aviary featuring over 21 species of birds and 49 species of moths with Grenada’s lush interior, hiking trails of varying degree, waterfalls, and the Grand Étang National Park, for a unique Grenadian adventure.
For extra value, guests can enjoy various daytime pursuits 300 yards across the road on Grand Anse Beach, such as snorkeling, sailing with Hobie cats, kayaking (free equipment available), or relaxing beachside with complimentary chaise lounges. A full-service watersports facility on the beach also provides scuba diving. Blue Horizons is located four miles north of the airport and less than five miles from the colorful capital city of St. George’s.
For more information, contact Blue Horizons Garden Resort at 473-444-4316, e-mail: [ایمیل محافظت شده] or visit http://www.GrenadaBlueHorizons.com ; Media Contacts: KTCpr, Josh Kahn, [ایمیل محافظت شده] ; Nicole Hellmers, [ایمیل محافظت شده] ; Telephone: (516) 594-4100
درباره گواهی GREEN GLOBE
گواهینامه Green Globe سیستم پایداری در سراسر جهان است که بر اساس معیارهای پذیرفته شده بین المللی برای عملکرد و مدیریت پایدار مشاغل مسافرتی و جهانگردی است. با مجوز جهانی کار می کند ، Green Globe Certification در کالیفرنیای آمریکا مستقر است و در بیش از 83 کشور جهان نمایندگی دارد. گواهینامه Green Globe عضو شورای جهانی گردشگری پایدار است که توسط بنیاد ملل متحد پشتیبانی می شود. برای کسب اطلاعات ، به سایت www.greenglobe.com مراجعه کنید.