خودکار پیش نویس

ما را بخوانید | به ما گوش کنید | ما را تماشا کنید | پیوستن اتفاقات زنده | تبلیغات را خاموش کنید | زنده |

برای ترجمه این مقاله روی زبان خود کلیک کنید:

Afrikaans Afrikaans Albanian Albanian Amharic Amharic Arabic Arabic Armenian Armenian Azerbaijani Azerbaijani Basque Basque Belarusian Belarusian Bengali Bengali Bosnian Bosnian Bulgarian Bulgarian Catalan Catalan Cebuano Cebuano Chichewa Chichewa Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Chinese (Traditional) Corsican Corsican Croatian Croatian Czech Czech Danish Danish Dutch Dutch English English Esperanto Esperanto Estonian Estonian Filipino Filipino Finnish Finnish French French Frisian Frisian Galician Galician Georgian Georgian German German Greek Greek Gujarati Gujarati Haitian Creole Haitian Creole Hausa Hausa Hawaiian Hawaiian Hebrew Hebrew Hindi Hindi Hmong Hmong Hungarian Hungarian Icelandic Icelandic Igbo Igbo Indonesian Indonesian Irish Irish Italian Italian Japanese Japanese Javanese Javanese Kannada Kannada Kazakh Kazakh Khmer Khmer Korean Korean Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kurdish (Kurmanji) Kyrgyz Kyrgyz Lao Lao Latin Latin Latvian Latvian Lithuanian Lithuanian Luxembourgish Luxembourgish Macedonian Macedonian Malagasy Malagasy Malay Malay Malayalam Malayalam Maltese Maltese Maori Maori Marathi Marathi Mongolian Mongolian Myanmar (Burmese) Myanmar (Burmese) Nepali Nepali Norwegian Norwegian Pashto Pashto Persian Persian Polish Polish Portuguese Portuguese Punjabi Punjabi Romanian Romanian Russian Russian Samoan Samoan Scottish Gaelic Scottish Gaelic Serbian Serbian Sesotho Sesotho Shona Shona Sindhi Sindhi Sinhala Sinhala Slovak Slovak Slovenian Slovenian Somali Somali Spanish Spanish Sudanese Sudanese Swahili Swahili Swedish Swedish Tajik Tajik Tamil Tamil Telugu Telugu Thai Thai Turkish Turkish Ukrainian Ukrainian Urdu Urdu Uzbek Uzbek Vietnamese Vietnamese Welsh Welsh Xhosa Xhosa Yiddish Yiddish Yoruba Yoruba Zulu Zulu

دولت هنگ کنگ از گردشگران اخراجی عذرخواهی می کند

00_1213914242
00_1213914242
آواتار
نوشته شده توسط سردبیر

Hong Kong’s government has apologized to tourists who were kicked out of a hotel that was taken over by a city bank due to an unpaid loan.

Dozens of bewildered visitors from across Asia, Australia and Europe were ordered to leave the hotel after Bank of East Asia (BEA) took possession of the property on Wednesday.

Hong Kong’s government has apologized to tourists who were kicked out of a hotel that was taken over by a city bank due to an unpaid loan.

Dozens of bewildered visitors from across Asia, Australia and Europe were ordered to leave the hotel after Bank of East Asia (BEA) took possession of the property on Wednesday.

“We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and unhappiness caused to the tourists,” Au King-chi, Hong Kong commissioner for tourism, told reporters.

“We should have set up a counter at the hotel two or three hours after the incident took place to provide information to tourists on the prices and availability of hotel rooms nearby and arrange for transfer.”

The guests were evicted following a prolonged battle between BEA and Labour Buildings, the company that runs the hotel, over an unpaid 80 million Hong Kong dollar ($A10.79 million) loan.

Labour Buildings, a former investment arm of the Taiwan’s Kuomintang political party, said it had been originally granted the loan to curry favour with the party 10 years ago, the South China Morning Post reported.

The company issued a statement condemning BEA, saying the bank’s actions were harmful to the tourism industry of the south Chinese city.

“Under no circumstances can the Bank of East Asia and the bailiffs drive hotel guests away. The bank’s right to possession does not mean it can cold-bloodedly drive away hotel guests,” it said.

The hotel would offer refund to guests who had already paid for their bookings, the statement added.

A spokeswoman for Bank of East Asia told AFP it had no comment to make.

“How could something like this happen in Hong Kong?” said a woman from mainland China who identified herself as Li, according to the Post.

She only discovered the problem when she arrived in Hong Kong on Wednesday evening with her three teenage daughters and was told she could not stay in the Tatami Hampton Hotel, situated in the bustling Mongkok area of the city.

A notice posted in the hotel lobby said that it had been taken over by lawyers representing the bank and the bailiff pursuing a court order, the report said. TV images showed the doors to the hotel bolted closed.

Hong Kong, which styles itself as “Asia’s World City”, spends millions of US dollars every year attracting tourists from the mainland and across the world.

However, it was hit by a string of tourism scandals last year, when visitors on cheap package deals, often from mainland China, were forced to visit certain stores and strongly encouraged to buy goods before being allowed to leave.

theage.com.au